Saturday 21 July 2012

T-minus 3 sleeps till training begins!

On Tuesday my training starts for the 2012 Detroit Half Marathon! I probably should have started this weekend, but I thoroughly enjoyed my last "sleep in" Saturday for the next few months! :)
I also am waiting until Tuesday because......that's when the new shoes arrive!!!


I will be running this Half Marathon in Mizuno Wave Precision 13's - they will be arrive from California late Monday night so Tuesday will be my first run with them! I am very excited and hope they feel as amazing as they do when I first tried them on! 

I was at Detroit last year to run the 5k and it was such an amazing experience! I couldn't believe how many people were there! I found this video which shows the 2011 Marathon runners! It still gives me chills remembering watching the amount of people (and of course hearing Eminem playing!!) It is kinda long but it gives you an idea of the amount of runners at this race!






I am so excited.

The excitement is currently replace the memories of black toenails, upset bowels, sore calf's and ridiculously early mornings! It's gonna be great!



Thanks friends for coming along on this journey of a crooked spine runner!!!








Detroit Free Press Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment