Monday 18 July 2011

i love candy



So I tried my first "fuel" on my run a few weeks ago. It was jelly belly sport beans; and I have mixed reviews on them. First off, it was my first time eating anything like this on the run and I was a little cautious about the whole thing. I tend to need to use the "washroom" on some runs and was quite nervous that this would make it much worse :) So let's get down to the nitty gritty of my bean review:


Good: I did feel a little more energy after I ate them, I was on a 16k run and first ate them before the run (as instructed) and than once I hit the 1hr mark. It is hard to tell if I felt more energy because they gave me more carbs and vitamins or if it was all in my head; but either way it worked.


Bad: They made me so so so thirsty. I found them to be VERY salty, and hence after I ate them I finished off almost all of my water right away - which led to an uncomfortable stomach of sloshing water.


Good: Eating them never made me feel like if I wasn't on a toilet immediately I would just die.


Bad: I never had a decent bm for three days after ;)


So I would recommend them to try for sure, I am not sure if I will continue to use them, I might try something else but it was worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment