Monday 15 August 2011

A weekend off.



I had last weekend off, and it was glorious :)

I had decided I would have this weekend off a couple months ago and I was so so looking forward too it. It was a wonderful weekend away with Stuart to celebrate an amazing 7 years of marriage! We went to the states and stayed at a super fun hotel, shopped a lot, slept in way too late and ate WAY too much! As you can tell from the above photo of me shamelessly indulging in dessert at The Melting Pot.

It was a great rest, I was beginning to feel a little burned out from the training, and just feel exhausted all the time. So I told myself right at the beginning of the summer, this weekend was free from training. That being said Stu and I did attempt about a half hour in the fitness room at the hotel, and lets just say the super fun wonderfulness of this hotel was completely lost in the fitness room. It turned into more laughter at eachother, hoping the treadmill would not break if we sped it up.


I would encourage anyone in a serious training program to take a break, to maybe pick a weekend or special occasion and just relax, you would be surprised at how much more energized you feel after!



No comments:

Post a Comment